Thoughtriver – Technical Operations and Support Engineer
ThoughtRiver addresses a fundamental problem for lawyers: you simply don’t know which part of a contract to focus on without reading it all. Our pre-screening technology automates this review process by reading the contract, answering key questions and suggesting what to do next.
Established in 2015, we are a fast-growing UK-based company with a global client list. We work closely with Cambridge University and include technologies and lawyers at the heart our business. Our product encompasses leading-edge AI technology, an innovative legal ontology and one of the world’s largest legal intelligence data sets.
We are seeking an ambitious individual who cares about quality of service and provide excellent customer care and support. The successful candidate will work with all stakeholders in the business, ranging from customers, in-house lawyers, development and operations teams to ensure excellent product support and service availability. The role spans across two areas where you will be providing both application support and service management for multiple production and development environments.
- Application Support
- Monitor and respond to support tickets raised by the customer and internally within agreed SLAs
- Undertake triage on support tickets raised, execute impact analysis and provide accurate classification of reported issues to ensure appropriate prioritisation
- Initiate problem resolution by using knowledge base, problem replication and running diagnostic troubleshooting.
- Work closely with development teams to resolve issues and provide good customer service. Ensure problem routing and escalation, when necessary
- Deliver periodic ticketing reports in conjunction with SLAs
- Provide input during sprint planning process; specifically, around bug management.
- Work with Product Support lead to build automated processes to streamline support procedures
- Working with QA and development teams to build, implement and support the release packages.
- Work with the DevOps lead to assist with the deployment of hot fixes and maintenance releases
- Provide service availability and capacity management for hosted services
- Ensure service SLAs are met through regular monitoring of systems, backup and tested restorations
- Onboard new customers and staff
- Undertake installation and administration of local IT assets
- In conjunction with DevOps lead, build and automate processes to streamline operations.
3 years of experience as a product support engineer
3 years of experience as a DevOps engineer
Usage of Linux operating systems
Exposure to Windows command line
Basic understanding of MySQL (or similar)
Exposure to Web / SaaS applications
Knowledge of agile working practices
Critical thinker and excellent problem-solving skills
Good and proven communication skills both written and verbally
Advantageous but not essential
Scripting such as bash or python
Used Jira or Target Process
Usage of Bitbucket or equivalent tool
Understanding and exposure of Python & PHP programming languages
Equity in the form of share options.
Accomplished Technical Operations and Support Engineer who relishes working in an ambitious, customer-driven company in the field of “expert systems”. Ability to work under pressure, enjoys a varied workload, and has excellent track record of self-development.
The support engineer needs to be able to work independently but also be part of the team, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and take responsibility for their role within the business.
Hours of employment and on-call provision
At ThoughtRiver, we have customers around the world. To provide excellent support coverage the Technical Operations and Support Engineer will be required to work staggered hours, ranging from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday. There is flexibility around these hours, which will be discussed at interview. Alongside, there is an additional allowance to support an on-call rota.
Enquiries to Richard Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org