Legal Operations Index – Jay Smith
Jay Smith is a Legal Engineer at law firm Stephenson Law and Founder of SenseCheck, a legal tech company focused on improving beneficiary identification and bank verification in Private Client matters. Jay is a former lawyer turned coder with a “genuine interest and enthusiasm” for legal tech.
Jay has been nominated for the following achievements:
- Founded his own legal tech company called SenseCheck which allows Private Client practitioners to secure identification and bank verification
- Switched from Private Client lawyer to Legal Engineer which allowed him to find a role “he was truly passionate about”
- Has worked on pushing forward internal efficiencies using tech while a lawyer – including coding his own programs
- Pushes forward the discussion on whether lawyers should code using his own experience on social media
- Carries out legal engineering work at Stephenson Law building document automation workflows for fast growing businesses.