Legal Operations Index – Jo Hawkins
Jo Hawkins is a client solutions focused business leader, with 20 years of operations, strategy and change management experience working across the legal and finance sectors supporting senior law firm partners and corporate executives. Jo specialises in cross-functional collaboration to build strategically aligned client service delivery plans and is seen as a ‘go to’ expert on client legal operations needs. By using her unique background of organisational change from business, legal practice operations and change management successes, she is committed to transform the firm’s service delivery approach.
In 2013, she joined White & Case as a legal operations professional in the EMEA M&A/Corporate practice, successfully pioneering a quasi-business and legal operations role at the firm. After then spending time in the firm’s central strategy team, she was asked to develop and build out the firm’s legal project management capability.
She has been added to the Legal Operations Index for the following:
- Jo led the successful design, build and growth of the firm’s global legal project management offering – which has allowed the firm’s first legal operations client secondment, designed to act as an extension of the in-house team;
- Jo has established an extensive functional playbook and repository of case study material used in all communications regarding the enhancement of matter management;
- Joins partners in pitch meetings to present the firm’s innovation, LPM and legal operations capability;
- Jo enhances the client experience by being innovative in how the firm approaches the delivery of legal advice, which has led to many strong relationships being fostered directly with legal operations client teams – cited as a critical factor in the firm winning an FT Innovative Lawyer award for Client Relationship Management in 2020.
- Collaborates with other teams internally within the firm to support lawyers to deliver an enhanced client experience.