Legal Operations Index – Lewis Bretts
Lewis Bretts is the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Legal Engineer at SYKE, the legal technology experts. An expert in legal operations, technology and innovation, Lewis has led consultancy and technology implementation projects for a variety of household name organisations.
A former commercial Barrister, Lewis Joined SYKE in 2018 and has been instrumental in the growth of the organisation which now has over 160 legal engineers spread over 15 countries. Lewis continues to lead individual legal operations and transformation projects as well as overseeing delivery and customer success across the organisation.
He has been nominated for the following achievements:
- Since joining the legal operations world, Lewis has championed the use of legal technology, leading SYKE to its current position as the leading independent legal technology consultancy.
- He continues to work to develop the wider use of Legal Technology across the globe, including heading up the launch of SYKE in India and supporting developments into new regions such as the US and South Africa.
- Working alongside SYKE’s partner, LOD, Lewis is responsible for developing innovative methods of legal service delivery which integrate people, process, and technology.
- As Chief Legal Engineer, Lewis has overseen a range of legal operations projects. These include one of the world’s largest and most complex CLM projects for a global organisation, a transformative legal front door solution for consumer goods organisation, and a comprehensive review of a legal ToM for a household name organisation.
- Outside of work, Lewis has volunteered as a Charity Trustee, supporting an organisation in its growth and helping to improve its service delivery.