Legal Operations Index – Marc May
Marc is Practice Director of SYKE’s Icertis CLM practice area and Founder/Managing Editor of The Legal Technologist online magazine. After qualification as a solicitor, he made the bold move to move towards legal technology rather than legal practice. He managed the roll out of document automation at global law firm, RPC, and then moved to SYKE where he became a consultant on document automation/CLM implementations. He now oversees delivery of all Icertis CLM implementations at SYKE.
He has been nominated for the following achievements:
- With a grounding in law as a non-practising solicitor he is able to traverse the legal and the technical when delivering CLM implementations. He is able to effectively manage both discussions on legal technical detail (e.g. clause structure/document changes) and also the IT technical detail (e.g. integrations).
- Through his leadership of the Icertis practice area at SYKE he’s managed growth from 2 to just under 30 employees and his team has delivered for some of the biggest companies in the world like ABinBev and Barclays.
- He founded the Legal Technologist online magazine. His team now publishes a bi-monthly magazine which is read by over 5000 people per issue and is now followed by over 20k people across its social media channels.
- Through his leadership of The Legal Technologist magazine he’s been an advocate for improving knowledge around legal tech – to give people the best possible idea of what is available and how it can be used. He’s also actively promoted different roles to improve visibility on non-traditional career paths in the legal sector.
- Aside from the magazine he has also written articles for the Modern Legal Practice journal on legal tech.
- He also volunteered time to support Citizen’s Advice Bureau (an access to justice charity) in their quest to become more efficient – providing advice on how they could improve their processes.